Thursday, April 23, 2009

Daily meditation, Apr. 23rd: James Allen

Be glad and not sorrowful, all ye who love Truth! For your sorrows shall pass away, like the mists of the morning.

APRIL TWENTY - THIRD

DISCIPLE : Teacher of teachers, instruct Thou me.

Master: Ask, and I will answer.
Disciple: I have read much, but am ignorant still; I have studied the doctrines of the schools, but have not become wise thereby; I know the scriptures by heart, but peace is hidden from me. Point out to me, O Master ! The way of knowledge. Reveal to me the highway of divine wisdom; lead Thou Thy child into the path of peace.

Master: The way of knowledge, O Disciple ! Is by searching the heart; the highway of wisdom is by the practice of righteousness; and by a sinless life is found the way of peace.

Behold where Love Eternal rests concealed! (The deathless Love that seemed so far away!) E’en in the lowly heart; it stands revealed To him who lives the sinless life to-day.